Share | 

Merger Basics

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Merger Basics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 am

Hello everyone. This is where we should all openly discuss our merger together. This topic is shared with everyone from NWO and Royal so please chip in with an opinion if you want. You need to register to this forum to do so. Its fast and doesn't require an e-mail verification.

On to the topic:

1. Who merges with who?

Both our orders should merge into one new order with a new name and a new tag. This is because all our members need to feel that they are stepping into a new order rather than feel as guests to the other order. This can be done by one order receiving the other order's members and then changing its name, tag, logo and description. Since the merger of the servers all orders have been granted a one-time possibility to change their name and tag. ROYAL has that option, we still haven't used it. Have NWO?

Who gets to receive the other order's players into their existing order should be decided by the number of rubies we have into our orders account, who has a better expanded castle. We have a level 7 expansion on the training dummy and 82 rubies on the order account. If NWO surpass those values then ROYAL should join NWO. If NWO have lower values than ROYAL receives NWO members. In the end though, the name is changed and the orders continue existing as one new order.

2. What should the new order's name be?

I personally have no idea at this time. But our members might have suggestions. Best to pull a couple of those suggestions into a voting poll and have all the future members of the new guild decide by voting. The suggestions with the most votes decides the name.

3. What about the order logo and description page?

The logo is also up for suggestions and voting. The description page can be anything we like but its important that it contains info that states that the new order was formed from the merger of ROYAL and NWO at some date.

4. Who should be the leader and co-leaders of the order?

Anyone that would like to take up that responsibility and has time and will to be a leading rank member. All future members can vote out a leader and co-leaders via a voting poll. Once that is done, a ticket to support will assign the new 'grandmaster' and the 'grandmaster' in turn can assign capable players that want to take on the task of co-leading.

5. What would be our long term objective as this newly formed order?

Grow and have a fun time. Not be belligerent or dishonorable towards other guilds but have respectable gameplay and be known for it. Expand with new members whenever we see fit either by recruiting rookie players or taking on veteran freelance players and helping everyone learn the game and enjoy it.

So these are my personal opinions on the possible merger. Please post your comments on where you think it should be done differently or if you want to add on anything.

'Life is uncertain so eat your dessert first'
Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
humungosaur

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:14 am

I personally do not have a problem with any of the replies to the questions raised. It all comes across as sensible and progressive to allow the merged order to move forward.
The friendliness and integrity of the order is of great importance to me. I believe an order exists for its members and the synergies of us all working together should always be encouraged and prioritised.
I would suggest that whatever form the leadership takes it would make sense to have representation from both our orders. This should help ensure smooth transition and understanding.

NWO has not used its name change. We have level 6 dummy and only 3 gems in the treasury our castle upkeep is $6170 per day.

I like to think we have a lot of goodwill towards us as we have tremendous players here with great team spirit.

I do not have more to add at this time but will check regularly for comments. If the Royal members have any questions or concerns please ask and I will do my utmost to answer.
kind regards
humungosaur
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:02 am

I would recommend that we leave this topic running for a week or two so that everyone can read it and have time to soak in this info - i wouldn't like to rush anything anyway. Its also ample time to offer any suggestions that you can't think of right now. After that, if there are no objections from anyone we'll go ahead and carry out the merger in the manner that we'll discuss further and finalize here.

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
Lokithor
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 pm

Playing with Gordon in Battle-Knight and in Europe1400, and now hearing what humungosaur has to say, only furthers my belief that these two people hold dear to their hearts exactly what I do. That being: we are all here because we love to play and that teamwork and camraderie are what make a great Order.

The merger can only benefit our two Orders. As the old adage goes: there is strength in numbers. We have had such a great rapport with NWO that it only seems natural to me that we join forces.

I quote Gordon: "Grow and have a fun time. Not be belligerent or dishonorable towards other guilds but have respectable gameplay and be known for it.", and humungosaur: "The friendliness and integrity of the order is of great importance to me. I believe an order exists for its members and the synergies of us all working together should always be encouraged and prioritised.".
The importance of what both these individuals have stated cannot be underestimated and is of paramount importance in the success of a new Order.

I agree with humungosaur that there should be representation from both Orders in the new leadership. I like Gordon's idea of leaving it to a vote, but I feel that Gordon and humungosaur should have top ranks, and votes can be submitted for the other ranks in order to promote a successional hierarchy.

I hope I haven't blabbered too much and I am anticipating the joining together of our two Orders very much. The time is ripe to stand strong against our foes!!

Lokithor
Back to top Go down
Lokithor
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:16 pm

How about we choose a name for the new Order from "The Legacy" (the story in Battle-Knight)?
Back to top Go down
humungosaur

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:38 am

yes no objections from me on the name choosing :-)
I have been keeping updated with this forum and certainly its all positive.
Waiting for some feedback from some knights before I update but certainly no cause for concern
Hopefully we can start moving forward with the merge very soon.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 am

Lots of views on this topic but only the three of us posting so far so I guess our knights are a little shy or don't feel like adding anything new. Anyways in the ingame convos we're all looking forward to the merger so i guess we should start brainstorming our new name. I like Lokithor's idea about the book. I only have several chapters from the Legacy. Didn't focus much on the clues to collect the entire story but anyone with a proposal in that direction, please do share. Here's a couple of suggestions i can throw in off the top of my head:

• Legion of the Obsidian Dragon [LOD] - in light of the dragon event and the existence of dragons in the game.
  • Highlords of Caldean [HoC] - Caldean is the realm's name.
  • Knights of the Red Sword [KotRS] - from the book of Legacy.

Should give you a bit of a starter Smile

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
Scrivs

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:49 am

Hey Guys,

From what I have read it sounds positive to me. I have asked our order to share their feelings, as we are a sensitive bunch so that we can progress this or not. So of course that means I have to share my feelings since I expect the same from our order.

I am feeling pretty good a the moment. Work is challenging, home life is pretty good, getting lots of swims in with this rather hot weather, which means I am burning a bit of flab that sneaks up on us all when eating one more of those yummy cream donuts that you shouldn't have eaten in the first place. But the sugar buzz is well worth the extra time in the pool. If I am feeling low I know I always have my only friends in the world in NWO to cheer me up so I find lots of excuses to spend hours at a time online posting to my good friends. I especially love chatting to 321 in our order as we get chatting its like old hens at a tea party. Then there is Hum if he was here right now it would be man hugs on a regular basis but sadly we have to settle for virtual hugs (it almost bringst a tear to my eye thinking about it). Dargor/Wolfgar I see as our rocks solid dont get much out of them but if I need someone to lean on I know they are always there. Smeg our little fire cracker well not so small now which is great as I know if anyone hurts my feelings Smeg will let them know about it, I feel like we need another hug any one ????? And of course we have a few other knights in here that I have not mentioned and they would probably feel a little shy if I did mention them so even though I dont want to as my feelings are on a flow now I will bite my tongue....

On a more cereal note (intended Smile) I think the two orders would work well together my fear is that if the merge does happen we lose some of our NWO knights who dont come across. I am not saying that will happen but you never know until you commit Smile Which is why I have asked our order to post their feelings (Dont have to be as detailed as mine Smile) but I would rather know now. IF we lose what makes NWO by merging then the merge is probably not worth it. Vice versa with ROYAL as well, with out knowing how all ROYAL knights are feeling some may feel its a chance to try something else in which case ROYAL may feel that they may lose what makes them ROYAL.

Does that make sense ? I am for the merge but I would want all of our NWO knights to come across along with ROYAL.

Scrivs.
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:12 am

Hello Scrivs,

In my experience from mergers in other games i have not seen individual members bail out on an arranged and mutually accepted merger. When one guild merges with another everyone follows since everyone gets to stay with their old team and become a part of a bigger team. If you feel that someone during merger will leave for another order its best you personally poll your fellow knights in a PM to see if they're on board or not. Circ messages won't always yield a response from everyone since not everybody feels called upon to reply to a circular. A PM is completely different though Smile

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:50 pm

Hey guys,

I believe that this merger will be good for all of us. We are definitely willing to take this merger as an opportunity for us to create something great and something fun. I believe in the exact same objectives and goals, ever since i started playing BK.

We (FK) would also like to offer our castle, as we have enough space for everyone. 100 members to be exact. We are at the max, so i would encourage everyone to consider our space. We currently have 90 rubies, +32 that i currently have in my character (i'm not a premium user).

Aside from that, I would also like to step down from the leader position. As i have not been able to perform as a leader should, due to the struggles i'm facing in university and also as i am soon to go through my internship program.

I am definitely pro- merger. The order thinks this would be a great thing for us. And I'm sure all our members would go along well, as our goals and objectives are very similar.

In regards to the name, and order picture, that is really up to you guys. 3 orders have merged into FK (just a small history of the order) and I basically came from nothing to the top 5 orders in the server. So I am very proud to have gone this far, and I have to thank everyone who had been part of this great journey of ours. Tho many of them had left the server, we are proud to be part of this rich history..

Anyway, It would be nice to hear from everyone's opinion about this..

Best Regards from FK,
Polty
Back to top Go down
Black Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:47 am

Hi all,

I am with Polty with the same thoughts...only one thing that someone said have any of you got another knight in any of the orders that a to be merged?

All the best Very Happy

Black Shadow [FK]
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:16 am

Ah yes, the possibility of multiples in the merged order. Well i only have one account but if others happen to have multis in any of the other orders than they'll have to pick one to join the merged order and the other(s) acc(s) will be played elsewhere. Their pick.

Also is FK able to change its name and tag, that option we inherited from the server merge? And also what is your castle status regarding expansions?

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:01 am

The order name and order tag has never changed before. So i doubt that there will be any difficulties in changing it. As for our Castle Expansion, currently we have our Dummies set at level 5 and Wall set at level 4. We can always max out our dummies no questions asked.

Best Regards,
Polty
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:35 am

Can we please submit an accurate number of active players each order has so we know the total number of members we will have?

Royal Guard has 16 active members + 2 in&out players (play once every 1-2 weeks)

I suggest we schedule a date for the merging. I think this Sunday is an okay day. Most of us will be online at one point of the day. By the looks of it the castle that FK has is best equipped and the hideaway extensions are already maxed out so i think its best FK be the receiving order, unless anyone thinks otherwise.

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:44 pm

Active members in FK: 17 + 4 in&out players

Sunday sounds good to us. I'll make sure to go online most of the day (if nothing important comes up)

And before that, let us also decide on who will take the place of order leader. Shall it be hum? I have no problem with that. Just curious as to who will take charge.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:50 am

Hum seems like a great choice to me. We've agreed that for a certain period though, the leaders should be all three leaders of the current orders, until we get to know each other a bit. After that if Hum or anyone else is ready and willing to take on the task, they'll have my thumbs up Smile

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:53 am

I guess we'll have to postpone the merging. Its Easter and since some of the lads from NWO are away for the holiday they won't make it. Hum said he'd reply when he gets back Smile

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
bikerdude

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Hey Guys

Just to let everyone know I have no problem and fully support the merger.

Buckearl
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

PostSubject: RE: Leadership role   Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:50 pm

Gordon wrote:
Hum seems like a great choice to me. We've agreed that for a certain period though, the leaders should be all three leaders of the current orders, until we get to know each other a bit. After that if Hum or anyone else is ready and willing to take on the task, they'll have my thumbs up Smile

I agree with you on that. Maybe for a few days or first the first week, depending on how everything will fall into place, we could then finalize the leader role. I personally don't think that i am fit for it right now, but i would like to announce together with you and hum who will take charge in leading this group together. But better we talk about these things once the merger actually happens.

Regarding the day of merging, any day is a good day for as long as majority of members are active. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:11 am

The merger or more precisely the act of transfer of all members into one order doesn't necessarily have to be done in one day since maybe not everyone will log in that day. It just needs to start then and it can proceed during a course of several days with people gradually coming aboard.

When everyone is there we'll re-brand into what we vote on with circs (since here at the forum we don't get feedback from everyone) and can select ranks and leaders and so on. When NWO are okay with it i'll circ my team and we'll start moving. So until then we'll wait for word from Hum Smile

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
humungosaur

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:04 pm

Hello
Firstly and most importantly let me apologise for not being that active and communicative over the last 2 weeks. Due to a combination of factors that conspired against me it was a challenging time. This has now been addressed and I have returned ready for the gameplay ahead.

I have messaged the NWO knights and await their replies. Once the battle with Royal ends then the knights should be able to move across and I am sure this will be the same for Royal too.

Once we are all together then all the smaller detail can be addressed

Thanks for your patience and I look forward to the gameplay ahead

regards
hum
Back to top Go down
Poltergeist

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:47 am

Glad to hear from you again hum,

Sorry to hear about the unexpected challenging times you had to face. I do hope all is well and things are in the right track. Our patience will be the key to this merger and i myself would have done the same thing.

Hope to see you all in our new home.
Cheers guys!

Regards,
Polty
Back to top Go down
Gordon
Guild Member

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:40 am

We've already transferred several members over to FK. Rest should follow during tomorrow. Five of us here will have to wait a bit since we're in a battle with NWO and cannot leave during that. I tried kicking the knights that are participating in the attack but that doesn't work either, so we'll be joining you in 2 days Smile

Finnish Proverb
Back to top Go down
humungosaur

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:57 pm

Now that the battle is over our members should be ready too. They should start to move over today and tomorrow. I will stay until the final active player has moved then will move across. I may message some of the knights I know in FK so they can be accepted quickly. If there are any issues or questions please drop me a message in-game. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Merger Basics   

Back to top Go down

Merger Basics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Sheep :: BattleKnight :: Merger Discussion-
Jump to: